Registration phases and ticket prices
01 Nov. 2023 – 31 Jan. 2024
To enlarge the picture please click on the price list.
Information on the payment process
We expressly ask congress participants from Germany and other European countries to pay the congress fees by bank transfer. The option of paying by Stripe is reserved exclusively for participants from non-European countries without other payment options.
To make your congress participation and stay in Halle (Saale) as interesting and pleasant as possible, you have the option of adding further modules to your registration. Enclosed you will find a short description of each module. The booking is made together with the congress registration via ConfTool (LINK).
Panel on the kick-off programme
When registering, please tick whether you would like to participate in the panel for the kick-off programme (Sun, 10.03.2024, 15:30 – 17:00) (participation is free of charge).
Together with the Centre for Interdisciplinary Regional Studies (“Zentrum für Interdisziplinäre Regionalstudien” ZIRS), the Institute of Education at the Faculty of Education at MLU Halle invites you to the panel “Crises and transformations in the Central German mining area. Ethnographic insights into landscapes in transition”. Participation is included in the congress fee.
You can find more information on the sub-page “Kick-off programme”. (LINK).
Please tick in the course of registration if you would like to participate in a theory workshop (Sun, 10.03.2024, 15:30 – 17:30) (costs: 15€).
In keeping with the theme of the congress, three workshops invite you to look at “crises and transformations” from a theoretical perspective. From the perspective of systems theory, education theory and professional theory, the two-hour workshops will focus on how crises and transformations are conceptualised, what they mean for systems, education and profession(alisation) and how this is researched in educational science. There are 30 places available per workshop, and a waiting list for further interested participants.
You can find more information on the sub-page “Kick-off programme” (LINK).
Please tick in the course of registration which events of the social programme you would like to participate in (individual costs per programme item).
The cultural programme (10 – 13 March 2024) offers participants the opportunity to engage with the topic of “crises and transformations” outside of the educational sciences and at the same time get to know the city of Halle and the region. For this purpose, we have put together a diverse programme consisting of theatre, cinema, readings and guided tours for you.
Please tick in the course of registration whether you would like to participate in one or more evening events (individual costs per event).
- On Sunday evening, together with the DGB Revierwende project, we invite all participants to our welcome evening at the Stadthaus. (Participation is free of charge.)
- On Monday evening, the GEW invites you to a relaxed get-together at the Steintor Varieté (costs: 5 – 20€ ).
- On Tuesday evening, the traditional social evening of the WERA Congress will take place in the Volkspark Halle including a party afterwards (costs: 45 – 55€).
Further information on these and other event formats (e.g. general meeting) can be found under “Cultural programme”. (LINK).
Please tick in the course of registration on which days you would like to book a packed lunch (cost: 9€/day).
The package includes lunch and a cold drink (incl. VAT & service charge). The food and drink vouchers can be redeemed daily at one of our 8 themed buffets or food trucks. All dishes are vegetarian/vegan and are prepared from regional, seasonal and organic food wherever possible.
You can find more information on the “Food & Drink” subpage (soon available).
HAVAG congress ticket
Please tick in the course of registration if you would like a free tram ticket at the time of the congress.
All participants who do not have a 49-Euro Deutschlandticket or a Bahncard100 will receive a free public transport ticket for the city of Halle. The ticket is valid throughout the congress days (Sunday – Wednesday) and entitles the holder to free travel on all HAVAG trams and buses.
You will find further information on the subpage “Arrival & Mobility”. (soon available).
Please tick in the course of registration if you need support at the time of the congress.
In order to facilitate a low barrier and non-discriminatory conference, we have put some thought into it. We now need your support for the exact planning. The following needs can be registered via ConfTool:
- I need interpretation in sign language.
- I am travelling with the wheelchair.
- I have a visual impairment.
- I need a retreat.
For these and all other requirements, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you in January to discuss all the necessary details.
You can find more information on the sub-page ” Meeting sustainably” (LINK).
Please tick in the course of registration if you would like childcare at the time of the congress.
The compatibility of work and family is an important concern for us. In order to make a childcare offer for you or your child(ren) possible, we need your support. Please let us know by e-mail (email@example.com) how old your child(ren) will be in March 2024, how many children you would like to have cared for and on which days or at which times care would be desirable. We will contact you in January for the exact planning.
Registration and cancelaltion regulations
All ticket purchases are subject to our policy and may be cancelled prior to 01 March 2024 as follows.
- Registration for participation is binding. Registration for the Congress implies an obligation to pay.
- All participants (including speakers) are obliged to register.
- The registration fee is due immediately upon registration and is to be paid within 7 days after saving the registration form (but not later than 7 days before the start of the event).
- A right to participate exists only after receipt of the full participation fee.
- If there is a registration for a workshop, cultural and / or evening event and the payment is not received in time, the right to a place in the booked workshop or event expires.
- If a late payment is not received before the end of a discount period, the non-discounted amount will automatically become due.
- The conference programme is subject to change.
- Tickets (incl. registrations for the opening, cultural or social programme) purchased between 1st of October and 30th of November 2023 can be cancelled free of charge up to and including 30th of November 2023. The participant will be refunded 100% of the costs.
- Tickets (incl. registrations for the opening, cultural or social programme) purchased between 1st of October 2023 and 31st of January 2024 and cancelled between 1st of December and 31st od January 2024 will be refunded at 50% of the cost.
- Tickets (including registrations for the prelude, cultural or social programme) purchased between 1st October 2023 and 29th February 2024 and cancelled between 1st February and 29th February inclusive will be refunded at 25% of the cost.
- Cancellation of tickets (including registrations for the opening, cultural or social programme) is no longer possible from 1st March 2024.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to deduct expenses incurred from the ticket revenue acquired up to that point. After deduction of these expenses, participants will receive a corresponding refund of their ticket.